Since our last major update back in March 2021, there have been many changes. Beavers, Cubs and Scouts are now back face-to-face Scouting. Earlier in September 2021, National Youth Agency (NYA) in association with The Scout Association (TSA) has moved Scouting in England to Green Status. Does that mean we can operate as before the pandemic?
Even being in Green Status, we do have some controls in place, this is to make sure that we still protect our young people and volunteers. Please take time to read this page and visit the links, to ensure we all keep safe.
Key Points for Parents are below and will give you the current information about attending Beavers, Cubs or Scouts. Our processes may differ from what they are doing at school or in other settings. For example, children’s social distancing rules at Beavers, Cubs & Scouts will be more restrictive than those they know from school. Your leaders will need your help to make sure your child knows what is expected.
The latest status from Scout Association can be found on this Scout Association Link.
Getting Back Safely – Key Points for Parents
We have useful information to help you and us when attending the session:
- Parents no longer need to pre-book a place for each meeting, we will take a register for all those attening.
- Parents can now walk up to Scout HQ, but please remain outside of Scout building unless invited into building by a leader.
- Temerature checks will remain for everyone attending, either Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
- Regular hand washing and sanitizing is required.
- We are still required to social distance, with space of one meter.
- Any member attending Scout section must bring a face covering with them, this is so if distancing cannot be maintanined we will need Scout to wear a mask.
- All adults are required to bring a face covering, and must wear one when social distancing cannot be maintained, or believe that it is appropriate to do so.
- We reserve the right to increase measures, if Leaders decide that risks are increasing
- NYA & TSA can decide to reverse Green Status, and we would be required to revert back toYellow, Amber or Red controls.
- Control to clean and check the building before and after each session remain.
Risk Assessments in Full
Our current risk assessments can be found below: